Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Day of School

Well it's official...the kids have gone back to school and I AM FREE!!!! HA HA HA Just kidding. I am now free to clean house without it getting messed up in like 5 minutes, I am now free to wash laundry and have a totally silent house, I am now free to go grocery shopping without hearing "Mom, can I have...."

I really enjoyed today! I got several things accomplished and was so excited.

The morning started off really well with the kids getting up and not complaining about why they had to get up so early. HALLELUJAH!! As we were walking out the door, however, my son asks "Mom, how come kids only get summer for vacation and parents get the rest of the year"...(me answering) "well, because parents have jobs"...(Jacob)"but you don't have a job"....(me shooting a death look)"not one I get paid for"....(Cassie my 8 year old tomorrow)"OOOOOOOHHHHH Jacob...you talk to much"

Gotta love the kids. And then I wonder how/why being a mom is not seen as a job to our kids. Maybe I do too much for them. At what point is it a good idea to make them step up and see what a BIG job it is to raise a family, do the laundry, sweep the floor, pick up their clothes, go grocery shopping, take them places, worry over them, make them do homework, take them to sports practice, and whatever else it is they do?

Wow...what a very short list for what we mom's really do.

Have a great day.

Tomorrow is Cassie's 8th birthday and I can't believe it.


0 comments: