Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcome Nibbles

Ok, I don't usually post more than once a day, but since I have been out of touch I felt I could. HA HA

We have a new family member in our house and there is a little back story with this.

Cassidy had a teacher last year that introduced her class to all kinds of critters. They had rats (yes rats..you can buy them at PetSmart), a bearded dragon, a snake, and I can't remember what else in the room last year. She absolutely loved playing with all of these critters. For those of you who know me I am not a critter person. I like big dogs, big horses, and babies that I can return to parents (HA HA HA). Anyway, this year her teacher Ms. Harmon has a dwarf Hamster. It's name is Baby. Well, Cassie asked to bring it home and I agreed. We brought it home for 2 weekends. Cassie then asked if she could have one and I promptly said no. Baby was more than welcome to come visit, but I wasn't ready to have a critter in the house permanently. Well, what do all little girls do when mommy says NO? They go ask daddy. Well daddy said no at first and then when he got to play with the critter told Cassie that if she got 100 on 2 consecutive spelling tests he would let her have one. So of course she makes the 100 on 2 consecutive spelling tests and we now have Nibbles.



Cassie is loving her new critter. Jacob is having fun with it too. I have come to think it is pretty cool too. They are so funny. Our boxer thinks it is something she has to protect. She lets them crawl on her and they aren't afraid of her. It is pretty cool. Cassie wants to know when she can get it toys and I am using school goals to motivate her. If she does this.....she gets 1 toy. Probably not the best way, but I am hoping the goals get met. I will keep you updated.




1 comments:

Heidi Zawisza said...

OMG! I hope my kids don't see this....I told them NO WAY!! ha!ha!
Go get your bad self entered in my contest!!! what ya waiting for? hee hee hee