Saturday, November 22, 2008

Finally!!!!

Well it has been 12 days since I posted last. Sorry!!! My life to date has been so busy I don't know which way is up anymore. To catch up....the diet I started on Halloween....I have lost 14 pounds now. I am so excited. I am walking almost everyday and I am really following what the diet (Food) is.

Nursing school is still hard, but clinicals are over. I have one more care plan to submit by Monday. I have a paper due Saturday the 29th, a test on December the 4th and the final on December the 8th. So if you don't hear from me it is because I am covered up in books and papers.

The reason I titled the entry today Finally is because we went to the farm today and I got to actually get on my horse Pilgram. For those of you who don't know, I sort of inherited this horse. My husband's family has always had horses and when I got married I got my dream....HORSES!!!...I love them and everything to do with them. Oh yeah, back to my day today and how I got this horse....About 3 1/2 to 4 years ago my brother-in-law's mare Rosie had a colt and he was named Pilgram. Well, not too long after Pilgram was born Rosie got sick and died. Matthew lost interest in the colt and he became sort of an orphan. I loved him. He was, to me, just a baby and needed love. I continued to spend time with him and love him and just try to put hands on him. It was hard because he was skiddish and just all around weary of people. Well it came time that he really needed to be fed more than just hay. When I started noticing that he wasn't being fed I questioned my mother-in-law and she said that Matthew wasn't going to feed him grain because he didn't have an interest in the colt and honestly he could just care less. I think one reason was because he had found his current wife and he was just love smitten. Anyway, they got married in May 2007 and when they did Luke (my husband) spoke with Matthew asked him about the colt and then I had papers that said he was mine.

I was so excited. He was too young at that point for me to ride. All I could do was put a halter on him, get him used to a lead rope, and maybe used to one of the kids on his back (with the help of Luke of course). I have never broken a horse before, but that is Luke's thing. He is so good at it.

Well..Now he is old enough for me to get on and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. It wasn't a long time that I rode and getting up on his back was a little tricky, but we did it and I rode for about 20 minutes...bareback...with Luke holding the halter and lead. For me to get on took a little time. We tried just holding him in the paddock and Luke giving me a leg up, but Pilgram was not real interested in that so after a couple tries Luke made him lay on the ground and I was able to get on and then let him get up. It worked pretty well and I think it sort of put him in his place. Well, we walked around a little and then I got off. We then tried again and were able to get on with him standing up in the paddock. I was so proud.

I have waited 1 1/2 years to get on my Baby and now I have FINALLY done it. Luke told me on the way home that we would go back Thursday morning before we go to mom's for Thanksgiving Lunch and then again on Saturday. The more I get on him the easier it will be for both of us.

This is the best and I am so excited that I have started riding and working with my horse.

Hope you all have a great night.

0 comments: