Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How would I deal with this?

Prayers for Stellan



As a mother I don't know how I would deal with a very sick child. The picture above shows a baby about 4 months old who was not expected to live one day outside his mother's womb...if he made it one extra day inside the womb. The very thing that almost took his life in utero is now threatening to take it now. I have been following a blog called My Charming Kids and this is the youngest child. You can check out all of the details on her blog. I have been praying for Stellan for 2 days every morning and every evening. I should probably say a little prayer every time I think of it or have just a second. The thought of losing one of my children absolutely breaks my heart and I don't know how in the world I would survive. The faith of this mother is amazing. I know that God is in control and I know that everything works to the Glory of the Father, but accepting that my child would not be here on earth with me would be a HUGE struggle.

I am asking those of you who check this regularly to say a prayer for Stellan and his mom Jennifer. Pray for healing and that his heart slows down. He is in a rhythm that is called SupraVentricular Tachycardia. Which means that his atria are beating about 260-280 times a minute. He has been like this since Saturday or Sunday. I know with my atrial fibrillation it causes pressure and some shortness of breath that is very uncomfortable and I am an adult. This is a 4 month old baby who can't really tell anyone what he is feeling. The medications they are giving him are big medications for such a little boy.

As I see updates on Stellan I will add them here. I hope all is well with everyone and hope you enjoy the couple days worth of rain we are getting.

Talk to you all later.





1 comments:

Cresta said...

That's what they diagnosed David with--SVT. Amazing how scary it is for an infant, yet for an adult, it's no big deal.