Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How do you become a bigger person?

I know I promised pictures and updates on our barn, but a situation brewing in my in-law family has me asking the title of this blog.

How am I supposed to be a bigger/better person? I am so angry right now and so sad at the same time. The pettiness of people is starting to rub off on me. I wished yesterday for someone to lose their job to teach them a lesson. What kind of person does that?

I asked my husband to keep equipment that we didn't pay for (it belongs to his brother) and use it for leverage to get keep something Matthew said we could have.

Luke is doing a great job of keeping a cool head and trying to figure out how to be a bigger person and I am not doing so well. I have absolutely lost my marbles on this one.

I am studying my Bible to try to figure out how to be a bigger person in the current situation, but not finding the right verse to calm my gut. I do remember my pastor saying this past Sunday that I shouldn't trust my heart cause it is evil and will deceive me. (Hopefully this applies to everyday life and not just choosing a life long mate).

My flesh is so weak right now and I want to be very UGLY!!! and trust me I can be UGLY. At times my ugliness is a lot more apparent than not, but I have also found it is the little things I do and say that cut deeper than the large things that are most obvious.

Yesterday Psalm 63:3 said "Because your steadfast love is greater than life, my lips will praise you"

I did a decent job of trying to praise God in the storm yesterday. Fell off the boat after dark last night, but I am trying to stay afloat today.

Proverbs 20:22 says "Do not say "I will repay evil"; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you"

Father God deliver me from this cause I don't know how to be a bigger and better person without you!!!

If you are reading this please pray for me and for my in-laws. There is a large canyon between everyone right now and I am not sure how the gap will be bridged on this one. It is going to take apologies and forgiveness from everyone involved and everyone (I mean everyone) is going to have to swallow a little crow on this.

Thanks



0 comments: