Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Day at the Farm...

Jacob and his Deere




Well we went to the farm again on Saturday. It is hay season for us. We cut a whole field and it has to dry for about 5 days. You have to tedd (?) the hay with a tedder which, as you pull it with a tractor, sort of flips and tosses the hay around to help it dry. We have Orchard Grass hay down right now and we have Bermuda grass in a couple of small fields and I think we have some fescue hay. It allows us to feed the horses without having to buy from other people. We do sell some to others who don't have enough land to grow their own. It helps a little with the cost of feed and expenses. Cassie played at the barn with some old cast iron pots with rocks and dirt (mud) and water. When I asked her what she was doing she informed me she was cooking. HA HA HA. Jacob mowed the yard at the house. This is his usual job when we are there. We also found some horse treats and fed them to all of the horses except the baby, who can't have any yet. There was a major breakthrough with Pilgram. He has been very skiddish about having hands on him because no one spent time with him when he was a baby. We are not making that mistake with Thunder though. He is so funny. I hope to have some great pictures of him before too much longer. He still has some of his baby coat and is looking a little ragged right now. He should shed that before to long. He is going to be beautiful. Anyway, back to Pilgram, I sat outside his gate for several minutes two or three times and he stayed right there and let me pet him and then when I stuck my face next to the gate he gave me kisses. More like bumping noses, but he did it. I hope this continues. He is really a great horse. I see great potential in him. I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend. Back to the grind for me on Tuesday with a test, Wednesday for Clinical and I can't remember for Thursday. I will update as soon as I can.

0 comments: