Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sad News

For those of you who have known Luke and I for any amount of time you know that we have horses at his mother's house and we have (had) 7 that are offically in Luke's name. Well, on Sunday night we lost Isaac. He was the stallion on the farm. He is the father of 5 of the 6 horses that are left on the farm. He was 28 years old. Over the past 10 years he has been a great horse though. He is the first horse that either one of my children ever touched or rode. He is the one that they rode by themselves for the first time. He is also the one that when Cassie was just a toddler and knew no fear (not that that has changed) wrapped herself around his legs while he was in his paddock. She climbed through the gate to get to him. As unpredictable as animals can be, he was so predictable when it came to the kids. We are going to miss him. He is better off and if horses go to heaven he will be there when we get there. Cassie does have a great philosophy on this though....she has heard the story in Revelation where Jesus comes back on the horse and so do some of the angels...she says that horses have to go to heaven so Jesus and the angels can pick which one is the best to ride. ha ha ha.. I bet Isaac is one of the best there. I don't have a picture that I can find yet, but when I find one I will post it.

0 comments: