Saturday, August 2, 2008

Frogs...

OK for those of you who don't know my son, Jacob, has frogs for pets. Well while I have been away at school we have gone from 4 frogs to 2 frogs. Honestly, my heart has not been breaking. Anyway, Yesterday morning while I was getting ready Jacob cleaned his room so I can actually see the floor and I was helping him pick out clothes to go shopping in when this thing came hopping across the floor. "OH MY GOSH" what was that? Cassie starts screaming and says it is a frog. I thought...surely not they are supposed to be in the tank.

Back track a little...these frogs are frogs that live underwater. We have had them since they were tadpoles and now they are the size of the palm of my hand. You can check them out at www.growafrog.com if you want.

Anyway...Yes, it was a frog from the tank and it was under the bed. GREAT how am I supposed to get that? Well, I moved the bed got a cup now labeled THE FROG CUP and preceeded to put it back in the tank. Oh Yeah, and put a piece of saran wrap over the small but obvious escapable hole where the filter runs. No more problems.

YEAH RIGHT....This morning as I was looking at the frogs (they are fun to watch) I noticed that I was only looking at one frog not two. Well I thought...surely after yesterday....but no there was ONLY 1. So the hunt begins for Houdini. Not under the bed, not under the dresser, not in the clothes to be washed in the hall, not in the closet, not anywhere to be found. Next stop Casey's mouth...Man she has bad breath....HA HA HA HA Love my dog, but the only explanation for not finding the stupid frog is she ate it. Not on purpose because I don't honestly think she would hurt it on purpose. Well, BYE BYE froggie. Again, my heart is not breaking.

Well as I am down in the basement working on studying for this test on Tuesday and printing some forms out that are required prior to taking said exam...this thing comes hopping by across my foot. NO REALLY....IN THE BASEMENT and still alive. We are talking about at least an hour after escaping the tank. I start screaming for THE FROG CUP and trying to catch this thing and put it back in the tank. I did and he is back. This hour of studying is shot, but my son is happy and I again have 2 frogs.




Houdini is in the back...BOOGER



What a mother won't do for her kids......


1 comments:

Jeannette said...

OMG!!! I can't believe it actually survived that long. How funny. You are such a good mommy. I called for John when Jasper let one of our frogs out. YUCK!!!