Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Never thought I would have this happen...

I was at my microbiology lab tonight and there was a fire at the college.

We were sitting in class learning about some type of microorganism and the air conditioner shut off and then the lights went out and the next thing the fire alarm starting going off. The class got up and down the stairs we went out into the HOT sun. We stood in the parking lot for over an hour. We watched about 6 fire trucks come in to "search" for the problem. Apparently, there was some type of electrical fire. I was told it was small. Well, needless to say it disruped the whole class which didn't break my heart. The thought of messing with a live virus in the dark wasn't appealing to me at all.

I had my second clinical today during my nursing hours...it was fun. I got the same patient I had last week. She was a lot more talkative today too. We gave out the medications today. I had a lot more fun. I have realized that geriatrics isn't my specialty, but I also like to see the smiles on the faces of the residents when you give them extra attention and how nice it is to bring that smile to their faces.

I had the opportunity to read to my patient today too. She had a daily devotion book. It was from like November/December, but she was excited that I was willing to read it to her. Mom has several of those free Upper Room books that she gets at church. I think I will take one of those next week. We have 2 more clinicals at that facility. Maybe I will get the same patient all of the days.

Have a great night.

0 comments: